• Keep your hair moisturized at all times.
• Avoid using heat, such as blow dryers and curling irons.
• Live a healthy lifestyle, avoiding excessive stress, smoking, drinking, and non-nutritive foods.
• Get a good night’s sleep.
• Get your hair cut on a regular basis, removing damaging split ends and dry ends.
• Wet your hair with normal water before entering a swimming pool. This will reduce the amount of
chlorinated water that your hair absorbs.
• Avoid styling products that include alcohol. These will dry out the hair.
• For more reasons than your hair’s health, avoid excessive exposure to sunlight - wear a hat!
• Brush your hair only when it is dry. Use your fingers to detangle wet hair.